You must complete the education requirements for licensure, prior to applying for the exam. Your transcripts should be sent from the college or university directly to the NDBACE office if you have not done so already.
The licensure exam is administered by the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP), which is the credentialing arm of the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC). The exam is for the National Addiction Counselor, level I (NCAC I) examination. Once you are approved for the exam, you will have two options:
  • You may test in person, at Minot State University, Tuesday – Friday, with times varying based upon availability.
  • You may be eligible to test online through NAADAC, if you qualify. Additional information about this option will be provided upon approval to test.