Licensure Exam

Licensure Exam

You must complete the education requirements for licensure, prior to applying for the exam. Your transcripts should be sent from the college or university directly to the NDBACE office if you have not done so already.

The licensure exam is administered by the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP), which is the credentialing arm of the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC). The exam you will register for depends on the license you seek:

LAC requires a passing score on the NCAC II exam

LMAC requires a passing score on the MAC exam

Complete and return the below application form along with a Clinical Trainee Completion Form to register for your licensure exam.

Exam Application

Clinical Trainee Completion

Additional information on testing locations and online options will be provided upon approval to test.